The Robotics and Discrete Automation division supplies products, solutions and services to in-crease productivity and ergonomics. ABB Robotics is a pioneer and one of the leading global industrial robotics companies and has the widest global footprint of any robotics company with presence in 53 countries. As part of the 2020 strategy, ABB Robotics ventured in to a new area of robotics, outside the traditional manufacturing segments. We call this Service Robotics and within this business, our vision is to become the global leader in robotic products and solutions for the non-manufacturing markets such as intralogistics, healthcare and retail.
The European Application Center (formerly Intrion) for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions (like high-bay warehouses or goods to man picking) and lifecycle management services.
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect who is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining software based on our software framework in .NET which drives logistical flows, production processes and prototype machines. You’ll need to identify the needs of different stakeholders and take them into account when designing an architecture or implementing new features into an existing architecture. Architectural design is done in open discussion and collaboration with colleagues. As projects/products evolve, the software architecture will have to do so as well, hence the importance of design for change early on. You’ll be writing the code yourself, in collaboration with your colleagues: software engineers and our R&D team.
- We are interested in a broad range of education like a master degree in applied informatics, industrial informatics, computer science or civil engineering (or equivalent by experience);
- Experience in developing applications in a Windows and/or Linux environment, using an advanced object-oriented language, preferably C#. Net
- Knowledge of the Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server databases is an asset;
- Knowledge of virtualization techniques such as VMware, Hyper-V, Docker,…;
- Willing to follow a PC Engineering training program within our Training Academy and on the job supported by our Technical Coach (will be adapted depending on your experience);
- Versed in modern software design and development methodologies such as: OO, UML, Agile Development, Scrum.
- Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset;
- Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Able to take framework constraints into account and build creative solutions;
- Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad;
- Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English;
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Permanent opportunities to attend training courses.
- The possibility to acquire experience and knowledge abroad.
- You will take the lead in the design, implementation and maintenance of the software architecture for a software solution of a logistic application;
- You will take the lead in the decision making about structure and requirements of the components of the software;
- You’ll be responsible for the Project follow-up and passing on knowledge and expertise to your colleagues
- You will be involved from the first conceptual moment until the implementation on site.
- With your helicopter view you will lead a team of software engineers working on a project;
- You will take the lead for in-house simulation / emulation / testing;
- Advise on the functional design (Software Engineering part of the system);
- Perform the technical analysis in order to design UML schematics, flowcharts, interface specifications and communication diagrams;
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment with a continuous development process (CI/CD);
- Validate test plans and contribute to the execution of integration tests;
- Have an eye for opportunities of the latest developments in the software and contribute with your ideas to the definition of new research projects;
HR Contact person
Apply online and let’s write the future together.
Please contact Karen Vanderkimpen, Guido Gezellestraat 126, 1654 Beersel, België or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.